I confess, I not sure this recipe saves much money as I smothered it with Cadbury Daily Milk Chocolate, which, to be fair, I think is required to make it taste nice. The premise was finding something to do with the Weetabix mountain in our house which everybody has decided that they will no longer eat for breakfast ( don’t get my started 😡 ). This was the first recipe that Google suggested. It’s quite rich, definitely needs the chocolate icing, and is best eaten in small chunks. We cut the chunk(s) in the pic into 2 after tasting. Probably won’t rush to make again although it went down reasonably well. Now just got to find something to do with the other 84 bars of Weetabix. Yes, you did read that right. 84 bars. HELP!
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sugar
4 bars Weetabix, crushed
8 ounces / 227 grams butter or spread, melted
1/4 cup milk
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add melted butter or spread.
- Add milk as required to keep mixture moist (may need a little less or a little more depending on how moist mixture is).
- Press into a greased tray.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Ice with favourite icing. <= Ha, in this case, 2 bars of Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate!
- Leave to set in the fridge.